Our proprietary approach is groundbreaking. We leverage carbohydrate functionality which makes our biologic glycoprotein drugs First-in-Class. The drug target is Galectin-3 (a beta-galactoside-binding lectin), known to be involved in many diseases that are associated with chronic inflammation such as cancer, organ fibrosis, and type 2 diabetes.
Our Novel Products Break Galectin-3’s Natural Affinity:
The interactions of Galectin-3 and its endogenous ligands are typically strong – in the nanomolar range. So, it’s important to break the Galectin-3’s natural interactions for the development of a successful Galectin-3 targeted therapy. Our high affinity Galectin-3 antagonists (GM100 series, patent awarded) are more powerful than its natural ligands as they bind Galectin-3 with picomolar afiinity. As such, our drug candidates act as decoys in the treatment of cancers and metabolic diseases.
Our GM100 series drugs are:
- Exceptionally potent with picomolar affinity (100X stronger than a typical antibody). Our products are unique as they outcompete Galectin-3’s natural affinity to its endogenous ligands.
- No off-target effects observed in animal models
- Favorable pharmacokinetics
- High therapeutic index
- Consistent preparation of recombinant glycoprotein
Our current indications for the GM100 series drugs are:
- Drug resistant mCRPC (metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer)
- NASH (Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis)
- Type 2 diabetes